I am a through-and-through geek who can communicate well with fellow developers as well as non-technical teammates.
I build amazing technology solutions, from Arduino-powered holiday lights to shiny reports that delight recipients with an easy-to-understand, but rich, user interface.
I come from a user-centered background: people must use and embrace a solution for it to be a success, regardless of its technical elegance.
Right now, I am building a new product and cleaning up several legacy websites: pulling the architecture into a modern and maintainable structure.
Occam Group, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Led technical track of client engagements for Occam, a Microsoft Gold
Certified Partner, focusing on hosted solutions.
- Architected and produced Software as a Service (SaaS)
solutions utilizing private hosting as well as cloud Infrastructure as a
Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Executed development projects supporting all aspects of enterprise project
management, from project intake to billing export, including business
intelligence solutions supporting varied audiences. Development teams ranged
from single developer to coordinated off-shore and local developers.
- Led successful initiatives to increase our "Joel Score" and then beyond:
DVCS, automated builds, automated tests, better tools, SonarQube
- Grew application hosting several orders of magnitude. This included both Web and remote application (RDC) access.
Self-Employed, Chicago, Illinois
- Built IT infrastructure for several small companies and home offices.
- Implemented Windows Small Business Server.
- Set up shared network resources for non-technical users, including AFP and SMB
- Migrated Windows domains into Active Directory structure.
- Implemented WiFi networks.
- Provided training for new networking features to small-business owners.
Doblin, Chicago, Illinois
Lotus Notes Java Windows Forms Windows MFC C++ MacOS Web Dev Network
- Co-authored firm’s IT strategy for adopting new technology, expanding
staff, and adding locations.
- Developed internal and public-facing solutions for research-driven design company including an award-winning Web-based card sort to aid in consumer-research data collection and analysis as well as a multi-dimensional clustering visualization tool.
- Consulted on client cases as an Information Technology Specialist.
- Developed database analysis and maintenance tools, with emphasis on ease-of-use
for a non-technical audience.
- Supervised and trained Level 1 support staff.
- Administered network including VPN and multiple LANs. This included fileservers, DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory.
- Managed network and phone contracts. Reduced recurring costs more than
70 percent while increasing functionality.
Systems Engineer / Technical Account Manager
ADP - Brokerage Information Services Group Chicago, Illinois
LAN Windows NT
- Maintained mission-critical market quote systems at more than 12 locations and a T-1 WAN.
- Handled system emergencies: managing client relations, providing explanations, diagnosing and repairing issues.
- Supported sales staff by sharing product expertise and developing proposals.
Technical Supervisor for Sites
University of Chicago - Networking Services
- Supervised software and hardware maintenance, security, installation, and improvement of more than 100 networked computers (Macintosh, DOS/Windows, and Unix) in four high-use, high-visibility public sites.
- Administrated networks (IP and AppleTalk) with direct Internet connection.
Technical Computing Assistant
University of Chicago - Academic Information Technologies